Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Whoa.... Let's Slow This Down!

On Friday, the 25th I had an appointment with my RE for my sonohystergram. It was a really quick examination of the uterus, where saline is injected to fill the uterus and get a look at the walls. Checking for fibroids, etc. Well she said my uterus looks great. Yaaay ... just waiting for my little bambino!

One second I was looking at the top of her head as I laid with my feet in the stirrups and the next second she handed me a packet of antibiotics and had one foot out the door. "Wait, Dr. W.... I have a question!" As I said that the packet of pills flew out of the envelope and into her face. Ooooops! Luckily, she thought it was funny ("If you didn't want the meds Sophia, you could've simply told me- LOL!")


I then dressed and went in a separate conference room to sign paperwork. I figured I would be told the protocol and given an opportunity to ask questions. But nope. I signed papers associated with IVF for nearly two hours. It was so overwhelming. I tried in between the signing to ask about the protocol; but she let me know that the focus needs to be the paperwork.

Basically, when the visit ended I was given a calender that stated stimming meds start on Thursday (March 31st) and egg retrieval would be approximately 12 days after that. I left with my head spinning.... no one explained the protocol.... I haven't had an injection class yet. Am i going straight from birth control pills then next day stimming? Iis that okay?

I had to send an email to the nurse and told her that in order for me to move forward I must have a protocol review consult with the RE -- I can't be in the dark about what the meds are, what my protocol is, and the exact calendar. I haven't even taken an injection class --- slow this thing down!! LOL

So tomorrow I have a consult with the RE to ask questions! Awesome -- I just hope that she and I are in agreement that I NOT go straight from birth control pills to stimming.

For me, this feels like such a vulnerable process. I am putting tremendous trust, faith (and money) into a group of people I don't know. Then, to top it off I have read a few things online that suggested you not go straight from birth control pills to stimming. This has me very worried that my RE will not see it that way and decide to keep her protocol/plan as is. If she doesn't change it and I go through this IVF cycle and not get pregnant I know I will feel very frustrated with her. I am praying for a positive meeting tomorrow filled with collaboration and ending with a modified protocol!!  :o)
xoxox
Sophia

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Good Luck Sophia.

Post a Comment