Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Discussed the IVF Protocol

Hey! Today was quite a productive day. I met with the RE to ask questions and get a better idea of the protocol and her reasons for choosing it for me. My numbers are not good (this I already knew). She told me that once the birth control pills are completed I will take a 4 day rest and then stimming medications will begin. Well - that WAS the plan, until the ultrasound. We saw that the cyst was still there and unfortunately pretty big. So this delays things a bit. She wrote me a prescription to address the cyst and I'm due to return in 9 days to have another u/s. If the cyst is significantly reduced, then everything gets back on track. If it is there... well - IDK. I guess she will tell me how we will proceed.


I feel comfortable with the protocol. I have my medication list for the IVF cycle. WOW -- is this stuff expensive or what!?!?!

I asked her about my chances... she said they are low given my AMH and FSH levels -- that made my heart sink. I want this more than anything. I have such a strong feeling that I can do this!! You know, I've been trying so hard. Going to my acupuncture twice a week, drinking teas from the TCM doc, taking supplements, having veggie/fruit smoothies twice daily, only healthy foods. I am paying such attention to my health. I just hope my body cooperates!

Although I have this cyst and my numbers are crappy - I am still feeling extremely hopeful and positive!!

xoxox

0 comments:

Post a Comment